What is the Compost Humification Agent (also known as a Compost Activator)
It is a granular powder sprinkled onto new waste added to the compost heap or bin. The powder promotes and boosts the formation of the highly beneficial 'colloidal humus' portion of the compost from typical levels of under 5% to 10-40%. This patent pending NEW product is unlike any existing compost activator (accelerator or inoculation agent). Developed by Tony Callaghan (inventor of the patented hot bin composting system) following years of work on compost and how to make more of the really good stuff that improves plant growth.
Benefits of using the SoilFixer Humification Agent[
- Compost made with the humification agent boost plant growth - in our tests by up to 100% increase in growth and crop yield * (see note)
- Your compost will look and feel smoother and stickier – it will have more of the vital colloidal humus
- You will be making a positive, long-term improvement in your soil. Colloidal humus and biochar are long lasting and even small amounts have profound impacts on soil fertility
- You will be making a ground breaking contribution to the environment. Colloidal humus and biochar are stable forms of organic carbon known to survive in soils for hundreds of years. You will be sequestrating carbon and offsetting the impact of global warming gases like carbon dioxide
Be amazed at how much better compost can be!
(* Note: in our tests we have seen increases in growth and crop yield of up to 100% (double!). All plant growth tests are challenging due to the number of variables. The results need further validation. The only way to completely test this product is via users. We are confident your improved “compost” will deliver at least a 20% increase in yield).
Who should buy it
- All composters who want to improve the quality (performance) of their compost
- Home composters using traditional garden (green waste) 'cold' composting in darlex and pallet frame boxes
- Hot composting systems such as HOTBIN, Ridan and Rocket ® (SoilFixer recognises the owners of these trademarks. Use of the trademark does not and should not be taken to imply any endorsement of SoilFixer products by the trademark owner)
- Industrial composting sites using windrows or IVC system
How do I use the Compost Humification Agent?
Each time you add new waste to the compost bin, sprinkle on the agent and rake it in. Add 100g (one mugful or a handful) per each 5Kg (approx. 7-9 litres, ie a large caddy/bucket) of waste.
A black/grey granular powder, 100% passes through a 20 mesh sieve (2mm) sieve.
Available in 5 and 16 litre tubs. Product sold by volume, a 16 litre tub weighs between 8-10 Kg.
What is it made from?
It is a proprietary formula developed by SoilFixer. The formula contains biochar and micronized powders. The materials are all from sustainable, natural, UK sources and are 100% organic. (If you are interested in what other commercial activators contain and how they work, we have a review at this post).
Does it have a shelf life?
When kept dry there is no shelf life as the ingredients do not deteriorate in air or soil.
How Do I store it?
In the tub outside, but you do need to keep the lid on to prevent rain seeping in.
The granular powder delivers so much more than compost "accelerators", "catalysts", “inoculators” and "activators". Sprinkle the product on to your compost waste each time you add new waste to your compost he